Saturday, February 9, 2008

Beautiful is the Way We Live

  • OK,

So it has been a few days, well weeks since I posted anything and I thought that I have had enough stuff brewin in the old noggin that I had to through something down….



First off, concussions are no fun… Head trauma, however comical in movie and such, is a real occurrence and can be severely painful. Sleeping pills, unlike other medicines out there, actually do their job and really well at that.



With that said, the past few weeks have been extremely strange, trying, dizzying, and overall awesome to some extent. There has not been a three week period in which I have given when I felt I had nothing to give, hurt when I thought I couldn’t possibly hurt anymore, or find love when I really thought love was gone from my life. – A little side note: I would like to qualify the rest of this blog with a particularly old and influential phrase, “ The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever”. This phrase is the beginning of the Westminster Catechism, which many people have come to say over time. Now I am not particularly keen or really aware of what the rest of this Catechism says but I do know that “glorifying God and enjoying Him are essential things.- Back to where I was going, I have been in a weird place spiritually do in part to the state of my physical self but also in part to the state of my mental self. This spiritual funk, so to speak, is due to renewed look at how I can glorify God and secondly am I doing that thing that Glorifies God.




Here is where I ran into my first problem: there is not a catch-all glorifier that all of us can do, sort of like no two snowflakes are the same, in a similar vein no two human beings were created the same. So I caught myself trying to copy ways that other people reach out to and glorify God. Needless to say I had less than desirable results. So, then what can one do to really Glorify God? The answer hit me like hot summer day in the heart of the south, The way glorify God is exactly at being. Not just any kind of being, but specifically being me, and you being you. The best way we can glorify God is by living beautiful, which to me means living in the unique way that God has created me and then reaching above and beyond what I or anyone else thinks that a normal sinful human should do. This may mean playing guitar for three kids in a room and leading them in worship, which may seem awkward or strange. It may mean stepping up and just hugging someone when no one else will… It really means living beyond yourself so that God has to work in and through you thus glorifying Him. Live beautifully, Live beyond yourself, let love do the work, Love wins.

3 comments:

ooohemily said...

you live beautifully. and keep it up. beautiful man.

ooohemily said...

+ i know head trauma. it's beyond painful. it paralyzes.

Anonymous said...

my eyes hurt after reading this.

but. i finally did...it definitely shows you were tired, hurting, & on fighting sleeping pills.

but through all of that came something beautiful.
i agree with emma whole heartedly.

& im praying for you.
& i love you. C: