Friday, March 7, 2008

Love and the Rationale to stop the Bullet

So there's this thought

this idea

this revolution called

LOVE.

I have been thinking a lot about love and something has just burrowed its way into my mind. There is this phrase in the Bible that says "They will know us, that we are saved, by our love", also "they will know Christ by our love". This phrase hit me really hard because lately i have gotten bogged down with some personal issues that has taken my sight and reduced it down to just being able to see whats three feet in front of me. I went from seeing and being aware of others hurt and pain to getting sucked into my own. This really reminded me of what C.S. Lewis talks about in his book The Screwtape Letters. He basically talks about how demons go about screwing with our minds and getting us away from loving others and God. Satan wants us to get behind our own walls, be critical of ourselves, be critical of others, and just lash out when someone does something that remotely "harms" us. In essence I just sit behind my walls waiting to snipe someone when they do something wrong, all the while i'm pissed off at myself and really tear myself down.

Satan is not perfect or even that strong, he is just good at what he does. He gets us to basically look critically and judgmentally at ourselves and others. Satan is a master at this. He loves to hit us on all fronts. What woke me up to these things were true love. The love of the Father, the Almighty, the great Healer and Redeemer. Someone showered me with Christ's love and it made a difference. His name is Timmy. I know that it wasn't a big deal to him and it was something fairly normal, but that time spent together was infinitely important....

I say these things to say.... Go and love .... Love everyone around..... Don't hold back because you could be the only representation of Christ's love in that persons life.....

1st Corinthians 13:7 "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

inspiring as usual.
i love you.

ooohemily said...

Palm, what's your e-mail address?

ooohemily said...

whats your new blog?